Monday, December 29, 2008

~New Year~

Kylie: Oh Boy. I can't believe you still put up with me.
Elizabeth: Are you kidding?
Kylie: You're such a good friend :) I'm such a PAIN!

That's a recent conversation I had with my friend Elizabeth. I was SO grumpy and Elizabeth was just being wonderful and sweet. I'm so lucky to have friends like her :) It's true I'm a real pain sometimes and my friends aren't grumpy back to me. They remind me of what's really important and they make me smile.

I've been looking back on a lot of conversations I've had with my friends this past as I've been thinking about the New Year. I'm so grateful I have made such wonderful friends this year, and I look foward to growing in all of my friendships in the coming year. Thank you all!

I've also thought about my family. The fun moments we had together, the not-so-fun moments. When Dad would burst into singing 'Dentist' from Little Shop of Horrors when we were shopping together...all that stuff. And I laugh at the good times and frown at the times when I let them down.

But mostly, I think about God's consist grace and love toward me. All through the year (and ALWAYS) he's forgiven me and loved me, and I don't deserve any of it. I think it's safe to say that you all feel the same way!

"I am the way, follow me and take my hand. I am the truth, embrace me and you'll understand. And I am the light, and for me you'll live again. For I am Love. I am Love." (Deathbed by Relient K)

Hallelujah!

We have been so blessed with such a wonderful, gracious God. Not just when we're good. God's with us forever and always.

I've also been thinking about things that I can change in the coming year. Some people would call these New Years Resolutions :) And I decided that my resolutions won't be as crazy as last years. Last years were like, 'Go to Europe', 'Meet the Jonas Brothers', 'Don't Sin' (okay so maybe 'Don't Sin' wasn't one of my resolutions, but do really think those were reasonable resolutions? No.)

These are my Resolutions:

1. Try my hardest to spend time with God every day.
2. Be a better friend.
3. Obey and Respect my parents.

I think those are a little more reasonable. I'm not saying that I will always succeed, but they are a couple of the many areas I need to improve in. I'd just urge you that your New Years Resolutions aren't something crazy like 'Don't Sin' or 'Meet Switchfoot'. There's no way we're not going to sin, and it's not wrong to want to meet Switchfoot but I wouldn't put it on the list of things you want to get done by the end of the year.

I hope you all have a wonderful New Year and are constantly reminded of God's grace.

Incredibly Blessed,
~Kylie

5 comments:

Jenna said...

here's a good resolution!
-read the entire Bible in a year

Dave said...

I love your resolutions Kye! I might just copy them. :) God has really worked in my heart this year. I was going through a serious time of doubt about my faith. Then at the youth retreat, I felt God move in my heart and he impassioned me for him! It's been a great year. Thanks to all you guys, you have been great friends. Like Kylie, i am supprised at how little you guys get annoyed at me. :) Thanks for being hot-poppin' awesome!

Elizabeth Kelley said...

You are totally safe in saying that, at least on my part! (I should think for everyone else, too, but I can't guarantee it....) We serve a totally awesome, powerful, holy, righteous, loving, amazing God!

Allie said...

Hahhaha, meet the jonas brothers... :)

ya, we need to b God glorifing in everything, including our new year's reseloutions...

great post Kyky :)

The Ordinary said...

wonderful post kylie!